Salvador Ivorra Chorro, born in October 1973, in Alicante, married and father of one.
- Industrial Engineering Degree (UPV, 1991‐97; Notable).
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering (UPV, 2002, Apto Cum Laude por unanimidad).
- Partial time associate professor (UPV, ETSI Industriales 1997-99)
- Full time associate professor (UPV, ETSI Industriales, 1999-2000)
- College Professor (UPV, ETSI Industriales, 2000-2005)
- College Professor (UA, EPS, 2005‐2009).
- Professor (UA, EPS, 2009‐2011).
- Full Professor (UA, EPS, since 2011)
I have taught six different engineering subjects in first and second cycles of Industrial Engineering and Civil Engineering degrees, at the ETSI Industriales (UPV) and EPS (UA) respectively.
I have also lectured postgraduate classes in two different Ph.D. programs: Advanced analysis of structures and geotechnical engineering at UPV; and Materials, water and soil engineering corresponding to an international Ph.D. Program offered by the University of Alicante and Politécnica delle Marchee (Ancona-Italy).
I have supervised 42 final year projects of several degrees: B.S. and M.S. Industrial Engineering, B.S. and M.S. Civil Engineering, B.S. Telecommunications Engineering and M.S. Geotechnical Engineering.
4 teaching books have been published as the result of my teaching experience.
- 1 recognition of merit of research (2002‐2007), application for second period in 2012.
- 35 research papers in scientific journals (30 SCI journals).
- 11 public research projects: European (2), Spanish Government (5) and C.A. Valenciana (4); also responsible researcher of one, one and two of these projects respectively.
- 6 more projects of the University of Alicante for research groups, in which 4 times I also was the responsible researcher.
- 4 research projects for private companies.
- 84 congress communications (62 in International Congresses and 12 related to Teaching Innovation).
- 7 supervised Ph.D. Thesis and 5 more ongoing Thesis.
- Director of the UA research group GRESMES: Group of testing, simulation and models of civil engineering and architecture structures.
University management experience
- Secretary of the Department of Continuous Media Mechanics and Theory of Structures at UPV (2002‐2005)
- Member of the University Senate at UPV (1999-2003)
- Vice director of Civil Engineering M.S. degree (2006-2009), Civil Engineering B.S. degree (2009), Civil Engineering degree (since 2009) in EPS at UA.
- Executive member of EPS (since 2006)
- Member of the University Senate at UA (since 2007).
- Member of the Governing Council at UA, chosen to represent the University Senate (since 2010).
- Member of the Contracts Committee at UA (since 2011).
1997‐1999: freelance Industrial Engineer, Project and Construction Management of Electrical Facilities and Industrial Buildings, Technical reports and Expert reports, etc.
The following project list is just a sample, which I have selected, for their interdisciplinarity and collaboration between different professionals: Architects, Technical Architects, Civil Engineers, Telecommunications Engineers, Informatics Engineers and Chemical Engineers.
- 2000. Design and structure calculation of a chemical tanker, Frank-C270.
- 2001. Experimental testing and vibration study of a chemical tanker, Frank-C270.
- 2001. Initial design and complete project of a metallic silo, which was fabricated in República Dominicana.
- 2001-2002. Numerical model, design and calculation of Centro Ecuménico El Salvador, at Oliva.
- 2002. Assistance during the design, calculation and construction of a 44 m high tower made of GFRP for the University of Valencia (UPV), which was the first of its kind built in Europe.
- 2003. Vibrations study of the roof of Mercado de Ruzafa, Valencia.
- 2004-2005. Technical assistance during the design and calculation of a 12000 m² industrial building project.
- 2006. Seismic-tectonic study of Azud de Terrateig, Alicante.
- 2006. Development and technical viability study of optic fiber sensors for strain measures in precast concrete elements.
- 2006-2007. Report of the effect of a hypothetical failure of the dam of Crevillente due to seismic movements.
- 2007-2008. Design and calculation of the structure of the Región de Murcia Pavilion in the Expo Zaragoza 2008.
- 2009. Instrumentation, monitoring and loading test of Puente de la Trinidad, a XVI century bridge at Valencia.
- 2009. Vibrations control during dynamic compaction at Sagunto harbor.
- 2009-2010. Instrumentation and monitoring of vaults of Iglesia Arzobispal at Vilareal.
- 2009. Technical assistance in the retrofitting of a masonry bridge in Torrente del Mas Pas at Palma de Mallorca.
- 2009-10, and since 2012. Instrumentation and monitoring of structural damages in Iglesia de Vall de Almonacid at Castellón.
- 2009-10. Instrumentation and monitoring of structural damages in Iglesia de Sierra de Engarcerán at Castellón.
- 2011. Instrumentation and dynamic loading test in a suspension bridge, Basarab Brigde, in Bucharest (Romania).
- 2010-2011. Design and calculation of a metallic balcony in Daya Vieja, Alicante.
- 2011.2012. Design and calculation of a pedestrian footbridge, Kiss Bridge. This bridge has been nominated by ACHE as one of the best concrete works of the last four years, and will represent Spain in the FIB congress (International Federation of Concrete).
- 2012. Technical assistance for the structural design of the sports pavilion La Tejuela in Alcalá la Real, Jaén.
- 2007-2013. Instrumentation and dynamic loading tests on more than 15 high velocity railroad bridges all over Spain.
- 2 Patents, one in UPV (Optical sensor for structures monitoring) and another in UA (System and device for shortening the aerial phase in building structures).
- 2 research projects for private companies after public competition.
- Author of 45 studies, reports, technical and expert reports.
Other academic scholarships and awards, specially related to teaching
- 1998. British Council. Research stay scholarship. Durham University – UK
- 2002 Ph.D. Thesis Award. Fundación José de Artigas Sanz, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- 2003. Erasmus Teaching Staff. Politecnico di Milano.
- 2011. Erasmus Teaching Staff. Universita di Bologna
- 2012. Erasmus Teaching Staff. Politecnico di Bari.
- 2010. Teaching Excellence Award. Governing Council, University of Alicante.
- 2012-13. Honorary Staff, Faculty of Engineering, Bristol University.